Many people don’t realize that gifted students need special educational accommodations just like those who struggle in the classroom. Without the proper understanding of their talents and fostering their gifts, these students may never be able to achieve their full potential.
When students undergo gifted testing, we can pinpoint precisely the areas where the student is excelling and help them continue to nurture their talents at every stage of academic development. If you’re interested in learning more, reach out to Pinellas Psychology Associates of Tampa Bay for gifted testing in St. Pete, FL.
Why Would I Schedule a Gifted Student Evaluation for My Child?
It’s important to understand the development of gifted students in order to create an academic plan that challenges them. Still not sure that gifted testing is right for your child? If you answer “yes” to the questions below, gifted testing might be helpful to determine your child’s need for advanced curriculum and enrichment through gifted programming at their school.
- Does your child love to learn?
- Does your child seem to learn basic skills better, more quickly, and with less practice than other children their age?
- Has your child’s teacher noticed that they do exceptionally well in their academic work?
- Does your child seem bored in class?
- Has your child become disruptive in the classroom because they finish their work more quickly than other students?
- Are you trying to get your toddler accepted to an advanced preschool program?
- Does your child need gifted testing prior to enrollment in a private school, special educational program, or an organization for gifted students?
What Happens During Gifted Assessment?
The staff at Pinellas Psychology Associates is highly trained in the administration and interpretation of IQ tests for gifted learners. There are many different testing options, and we take an interest in selecting the assessment that best suits your child’s strengths. We take pride in providing families with a comprehensive assessment of their child’s intellectual potential for consideration of gifted placement.
If you are interested in more information regarding a gifted evaluation for child, call us today at (727) 379-1982.