Whether you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or just frustrated with the way things are going for you right now – we are here to help! Our experienced therapists can help you feel better and start taking action towards meeting your life goals. Get in touch with the team at Pinellas Psychology Associates to schedule a time to offer you a free 15-minute phone consultation and start the journey to feeling better with individual counseling for adults in St. Pete, FL and the Tampa Bay area!
Is it Time to Consider Therapy?
If you’ve been feeling hopeless or lost lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels unbearable, individual therapy could help you improve your everyday life. If you would answer yes to the following questions, it may be time to call our team:
- Do you feel stuck?
- Are you going through a tough time in your life and feel overwhelmed?
- Are you tired and exhausted from stress?
- Are you looking to change your behavior and feel better?
- Have you tried every solution possible and can’t find something that works?
- Are you having a difficult time handling the struggles in your life?
- Are you hesitant to talk to others about your problems?
- Do you feel like no one in your life understands?
- Are you tired of feeling anxious, unhappy, or unfulfilled?
- Do you keep worrying about the same problem over and over?
- Do you feel like you don’t know who to trust with your secret struggles?
- Do you wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way?
- Are other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggles?
- Do you need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once?
- Are you interested in therapy, but you’re not sure how it could fit into your life?
How We Plan to Help
Your counseling sessions with our St. Pete therapists will be uniquely geared toward helping you feel better, achieve specific goals, and reach a point where you don’t have to come see us anymore. We hate to say goodbye to our clients, but we know that, when the time comes, we’re saying goodbye because they feel great. At your first visit, we’ll begin by talking through all the reasons you may have for coming to see us. Then, we’ll create a plan to move forward. Through each session, we’ll talk through things that went well or weren’t great since your last visit.
You’ll learn skills for managing emotions, building relationships, and becoming the best version of yourself, but you won’t just be using these new skills during your sessions. Instead, we’ll challenge you (when you’re ready) to take your new ways of interacting with the world out into your life. Our goal isn’t to keep you as a client forever. Our goal is to help you learn to live your best and most satisfying life all on your own.
Frequently Asked Questions About Individual Therapy in St. Pete
Before your first appointment, we know you will likely have some questions for us about individual therapy. Below, we’ve compiled the answers to frequently asked questions about individual therapy in St. Pete. Our team members are also happy to answer your questions, so don’t hesitate to reach out.
- I’ve been to therapy in the past, and it didn’t help. Are you any different?
If you’ve had a bad experience with therapy in the past, we’re sorry to hear it, but we hope you’ll still give us a chance. Counseling, like other fields, is always changing and growing. In the past, many clinicians thought that just talking about what bothers you could effectively make you feel better. Today, we know that talking is important, but gaining increased understanding and making actual changes in your daily life are just as important. We take an action-oriented approach to therapy that helps people to better manage their difficult thoughts and emotions, so you’ll feel better now and be able to apply your new skills in the future.
- Who will I work with?
Like any other relationship, it’s important to find a therapist who is a good fit for you. We have several counselors on our team who can work with individuals, couples, and families to achieve their therapy goals. When you reach out to our team, we can help you find the best therapist for your unique needs.
- What if I can’t find a therapist who’s a good fit at your office?
We want everyone to find the right therapist who will offer them the best help. That means we recognize that our team members aren’t always a fit. We all have our areas of knowledge and work well with people who have specific concerns. The good news is that, unlike some practices that just tell you to find a different kind of therapist, we have a network of local contacts, and we will put you in touch with the right counselor. If they aren’t accepting clients or there’s some other issue, we encourage you to get back in touch with us. We’re here for you until you find the right therapist even if it’s not someone on our team.